Updated: May 24, 2018
GDPR COMPLIANCE STATEMENT
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you use Unify Holding E.E. Services, we collect information sent to us through your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information may include your IP address, device information including, but not limited to, identifier, device name and type, operating system, location, mobile network information, and standard web log information, such as your browser type, traffic to and from our site, and the pages you accessed on our website. Unify Holding E.E. does not intentionally collect information from or about any individual who is under 13 years old.
If you create an account or use Unify Holding E.E. Services, we, or our affiliates vendors acting on our behalf may collect the following types of information:
• Contact information – your name, address, phone, email, Skype ID, and other similar information; and
• Financial information – the full bank account and routing numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your Unify Earth Account or input when you use paid Unify Holding E.E. Services.
If you do not use the Unify Holding E.E. Conversion Service, you may opt out of providing this information.
If you seek permissions to raise Digital Currency buy and sell limits associated with your Unify Earth Account, we may require you to provide additional information which we may use in collaboration with service providers acting on our behalf to verify your identity or address, and/or to manage risk. This information may include your date of birth, taxpayer or government identification number, a copy of your government-issued identification, or other personal information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services. When you use Unify Holding E.E. Services, we collect information about your transactions and/or your other activities on our website and we may continuously collect information about your computer, mobile device, or other access device for fraud prevention purposes, to monitor for possible breach of your Unify Earth Account, and to identify any malicious software or other activity that may harm Unify Earth or its users.
Finally, we may collect additional information you may disclose to our customer support team.
When you access our website, or content or use our application or Unify Holding E.E. Services, we or companies we work with may place small data files called cookies or pixel tags on your computer or other device. We use these technologies to:
• Recognize you as a Unify Earth customer;
• Customize Unify Holding E.E. Services, content, and advertising;
• Measure promotional effectiveness; and
• Collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk, help prevent fraud, and promote trust and safety.
We use both session and persistent cookies when you access our website or content. Session cookies expire and no longer have any effect when you log out of your account or close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your browser until you erase them or they expire.
We also use Local Shared Objects, commonly referred to as “Flash cookies,” to help ensure that your account security is not compromised, to spot irregularities in behavior to help prevent fraud, and to support our sites and services.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of Unify Holding E.E. Services. The help section of most browsers or browser add-ons provides instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling cookies.
HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store and process your personal and transactional information, including certain payment information, such as your encrypted bank account and/or routing numbers, on our computers in the United States and elsewhere in the world where Unify Holding E.E. facilities or our service providers are located, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable U.S. federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. Full credit card data is securely transferred and hosted off-site by a payment vendor in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). This information is not accessible to Unify Earth staff.
We store our customers’ personal information securely throughout the life of the customer’s Unify Earth Account. Unify Holding E.E. will retain your personal information for a minimum of five years or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or to resolve disputes.
THE RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
You may access and control your data as follows:
• Right of access and portability – At any time, you can use our contact form and request a copy of your personal information.
• Right to rectification – If you discover some of your personal information is incorrect, you can use our contact form to reach out and we will rectify the data within a reasonable amount of time.
• Right to be forgotten – At any time, you can use our contact form to request we delete all of your personal information which we will happily due within a reasonable amount of time. Please note that we must keep backup copies of historical information for legal, administrative or security purposes.
• Right to Complain – You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority. If you are in the EU, more information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information we collect may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the jurisdiction you are in, where we and our third party service providers have operations. If you are located in the European Union (“EU”), your personal information may be processed outside of the EU including in the United States and The Bahamas; these international transfers of your personal information are necessary for the performance of our agreement with you in order to provide the Websites and Products.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
• Provide Unify Holding E.E. Services and customer support you request;
• Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
• Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
• Prevent and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and/or violations of our posted user terms;
• Customize, measure, and improve Unify Holding E.E. Services and the content and layout of our website and applications;
• Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
• Verify your identity by comparing your personal information against third party databases.
We will not use your personal information for purposes other than those purposes we have disclosed to you, without your permission. From time to time we may request your permission to allow us to share your personal information with third parties. You may opt out of having your personal information shared with third parties, or from allowing us to use your personal information for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which we originally collected it or subsequently obtained your authorization. If you choose to so limit the use of your personal information, certain features or Unify Holding E.E. Services may not be available to you.
We will never sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SHARED WITH OTHER UNIFY EARTH USERS
If you use your Unify Earth Account to transfer Digital Currency in connection with the purchase or sale of goods or services, we or you may also provide the seller with your shipping address, name, and/or email to help complete your transaction with the seller. The seller is not allowed to use this information to market their services to you unless you have agreed to it. If an attempt to transfer Digital Currency to your seller fails or is later invalidated, we may also provide your seller with details of the unsuccessful transfer. To facilitate dispute resolutions, we may provide a buyer with the seller’s address so that goods can be returned to the seller.
In connection with a Digital Currency transfer between you and a third party, including merchants, a third party may share information about you with us, such as your email address or mobile phone number which may be used to inform you that a transfer has been sent to or received from the third party. We may use this information in connection with such transfers to confirm that you are a Unify Earth customer, that Digital Currency transfers are enabled, and/or to notify you that you have received Digital Currency. If you request that we validate your status as a Unify Earth customer with a third party, we will do so. You may also choose to send Digital Currency to or request Digital Currency from an email address. In such cases, your user name will be displayed in an email message notifying the user of the designated email address of your action. Please note that merchants you interact with may have their own privacy policies, and Unify Holding E.E. is not responsible for their operations, including, but not limited to, their information practices.
If you authorize one or more third party applications to access your Unify Earth account, then information you have provided to Unify Holding E.E. may be shared with those third parties. Unless you provide further authorization, these third parties are not allowed to use this information for any purpose other than to facilitate your transactions using Unify Holding E.E. services.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER PARTIES
We may share your personal information with:
• Third party identity verification services in order to prevent fraud. This allows Unify Holding E.E. to confirm your identity by comparing the information you provide us to public records and other third-party databases. These service providers may create derivative data based on your personal information that can be used solely in connection with provision of identity verification and fraud prevention services;
• Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts require these service providers to only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us, and prohibit them from selling your information to anyone else;
• Financial institutions with which we partner;
• Companies or other entities that purchase Unify Earth assets pursuant to a court-approved sale under U.S. Bankruptcy law;
• Law enforcement, and officials, or other third parties when:
• We are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure; or
• We believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement; and
• Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Before Unify Holding E.E.. shares your information with any third party that is not acting as an agent to perform tasks on behalf of and under the instructions of Unify Holding E.E., Unify Holding E.E. will enter into a written agreement requiring that the third party to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as required here under.
If you establish a Unify Earth Account indirectly on a third-party website or via a third-party application, any information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on a Unify Earth website) will be shared with the owner of the third-party website or application and your information may be subject to their privacy policies.
In general, we will notify you of material changes to this policy by updating the last updated date at the top of this page, and we will provide you with explicit notice of material changes as required by law. We recommend that you visit this page frequently to check for changes.